PLAYLIST: MARCH 2015

27 Mar 2015


1. Oh Wonder - Body Gold (Louis The Child Remix)

Louis The Child consists of two fairly young DJ's from Chicago and if you want to know more about them you can click here. I think this song is nice and chilled, you could definitely listen to it after a night out. Angus and I have decided it can be described as 'quite Flume-esque'. 

2. California Soul (Diplo Remix) - Marlena Shaw

It's very rare that you can remix a classic and make it better, but this is a fine example of exactly that happening. This is fairly old, but still good. Thanks Diplo. 

3. Me, Myself and I - De La Soul

I've developed a bit of an obsession with De La Soul this year; they're not just on my March playlist, but January, February and probably will be for a long time. I tend to listen to this in a morning whilst I get ready for uni, to get me in the mood for a MAD lecture. 

4. Warm Water (Snakehips Remix) - Banks

Ruby introduced me to Banks and now I love Banks, especially this Snakehips remix. 

5. Fine (LeMarquis & FAB Remix) - Whitney Houston

I first found LeMarquis through listening to his remix of Last Night A DJ Saved My Life (listen for the ting at the end of the rap). I was flicking through his SoundCloud the other day when I found this, and I think I like it almost as much. 

6. Foot Stomp - Disco Tech

This is a good song for dancing. It comes from a playlist called Disco Heroes Vol 6, where you can find more songs, that are also good for dancing. Good for pre-drinks before Soul Jam.

7. Sleepyhead - Passion Pit

I used to listen to this song when I was around 14 and I've recently rediscovered it. I forgot how much I enjoy Passion Pit; this is clearly one of their best. 

8. Mugen - Harrison and Seamus Hamilton

I only discovered this towards the end of the month but it's still a fab song. I think this song would go down well at any point of a night out, from pre-drinks to after party. 



For more of my musical selections, head over to my Soundcloud

No comments:

Post a Comment